My Friends Made Me Do It

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Let There Be Light

uh huh, yeah. I changed out the burned out bulbs in here. Is anyone else as lazy as I am? 4 bulbs in the fan fixture and I wait till the third burns out before I change them. I just hate to drag the ladder inside for a single light bulb. Impeeding darkness will finally motivate me to do it.


I scrapped today. These pics are from dinner with one of David's business associates. The nicest guy ever. His family is from India. I think I'll even start another one since I'm home alone tonight. Just me and a lean cuisine for dinner. Thank goodness I got to the store this morning so I have a good selection in stock. I just hate to cook in the summer. We're all on such different meal schedules and you never know who's going to be home or not. Fend for yourselves suckas! The kitchen is closed for the summer.

You're gonna love this Lynne. I just got a call from Brooke. She and her best friend were eating at a restaurant at the Galleria and passed by Saks on their way out. A sale beckoned them inside....all the way upstairs to the designer jeans.... found one pair of Seven for all Mankind marked down just over 1/2 price. What's a girl to do but buy them straight away....LOL...then call mom to share in her good fortune AND to prepare me for yet another shopping bag entering the house. I've been telling her to stop spending her money and save for when she's forced to be on a budget in college. She's going to go into shopping withdrawel just like Britt did that first year.

Got a nanny update from Val last night. Her charges have not tied her up or burned her at the stake yet. In fact, she's loving babysitting them. Sweet little girls she says but very active. She asked me how I did it with 4 (gotta love the payback). Said she's exhausted at the end of the day and is sore from the increase in activity. The girls' parents appear to think that summer should be a fun time and have a calender of events all planned out for them. As of last night (3 days into the job)she had taken them swimming twice, to the park twice where she spotted them on their cheer stunts and tumbling, been ice skating, and taken them over to her apartment (because they HAD to see her place) where they had a blast playing dress up in her shoes and clothes and makeup. She likes kids....she will actually pay with them and let them fix her hair, etc, she still likes to go and do kiddie things. They are telling her she is the coolest babysitter ever. I think she found the perfect summer job. She sounds happy and that makes me happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Love that l/o girl! You are genius with color. Have I ever told you that? Lucky you - alone with your LC - it doesn't get much better, from where I'm sitting.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Mau said...

oh yeah. how can you pass up 50% off 7s? that's almost ebay prices!

love the LO, too. pam's right. you work color so well.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home