My Friends Made Me Do It

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Mom Card

Does that thing have an expiration date? Just curious. There are sure times I wish it did. Fortunately I'm not experiencing any of those right now. Just thinking about a few little things that have made me chuckle to myself lately.

I'm always amazed that kids that are 4 hrs away call and ask some of the things that they do. They expect me to have any service related phone number they might need memorized or with me no matter where I am. While I was in Oklahoma with Brooke Britt called one day and needed the phone number of the dealership where she had left her car for repairs....

"ugh...hello...you left your car somewhere and you didn't get their number???
And you don't even remember the name of the place?
Call your Dad...if he's in the office he will have the number."

then the next day the call is
"how do you unclog a toilet"

she's living in an apartment...duh...how about call the office and report it

AND, I get the strangest phone calls from both girls wanting me to diagnose all kinds of ailments. They never like getting the response from me to go to the doctor if they are really sick. Need to work on my ability to heal the sick via phone I guess. Been slacking I guess

Tonight, the request is something I can "handle". Brooke needs some new pics taken for recruitment stuff. THAT I can do ...off for a little photo shoot shortly. I told her 6 ...it's 6:30 and she's not ready. Good thing the days are long. LOL

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Mau said...

oh, yeah. i remember my phone ringing on freakin' alcatraz island. it was nina wanting to know if we had any more garbage bags.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home