My Friends Made Me Do It

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Caffeine Don't Fail Me Now

Hey Pam, what makes you think I'd get a break on Saturday? It's starting off as the worst day of the week so far! I had to have Chels to the bus at 8 AM. That wouldn't have been so bad if I'd gone to sleep at a decent time. The last time I looked at that clock it was 4:30 AM. When will I ever learn that caffeine keeps me up way better than it wakes me up? Making note to self: buy some decaffeinated tea. I have a weakness for iced tea in the summer. Well, not just plain old iced tea. It needs to be freshly brewed sweet tea.... made the old fashioned way with the sugar added while it's still hot. It's my southern roots, but a delicacy I rarely allowed myself to have in recent years because I'm fat enough without adding a gallon of sugar laden iced tea to my list of daily deadly sins. UNTIL.... I discovered that if you make it the good old fashioned way but use Splenda it ALMOST tastes as good.

My oldest surprised us yesterday by coming home a day earlier than we expected. She's in for Chels' birthday/Father's Day and to "sister sit" for me while I'm out of town. Dad pretty much sucks at being a reliable child care provider! It seems that life is getting a little boring at school since all the friends are now in summer school and/or working. Can't say I didn't tell her she needed to start looking for a job earlier than she did down there. It's not helping that she was refusing to work in retail or food service again this year. Thought she could easily get a job working in a day care. She's on a substitute list for one now and next on the list to be hired if and when someone quits. She's also got an application in for a part time nanny position working for a speech pathologist who takes her baby to work with her .... got a nice little nursery set up there at her office Val says. I think it would get boring for her during nap times but Val says she would just take a book and read. I got tickled at Val when she told me that she went and got Britt's boyfriend's pup to hang out with the other day.... he was at work, Britt was at the library studying for a test and Val was bored. On several times she's mentioned chilling with friends' pups. There's no doubt she would love to be a dog sitter but the pay for that is just not good in a college town!

Remember that ME day I was going to take? It didn't exactly happen. I must just accept that if you are a card carrying member of the mom club you only get mom moments. Day before yesterday it was a trip to the LSS and yesterday it was getting my hair cut. The only ME time in the next few days is going to be of the Mother/Daughter bonding sort. That's OK...I kinda like that kind.

Ending with a big old woo hoo here. We got a good soaking last night. We needed it SO bad. It's overcast today and cool...chance of more. I good day to sleep but that won't be happening. I've already moved from my mocha straight to the ice tea trying to wake up. Caffeine PLEASE don't fail me when I need you most. I've got so much that needs to get done today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Jackson said...

Your and your caffeine, LOL. Glad you finally got some rain. I'm thinking we'll get some today too.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home