My Friends Made Me Do It

Saturday, July 01, 2006

My New Ride






Happy New Car day to me! Yes, I know it's little and sporty and you are probably thinking I'm in the midst of a real midlife crisis. Perhaps that's true but there is a logical reason I went small. Money, or lack of it. LOL. Gas prices were killing me in the old suburban. Originally we planned to trade the old ride in on a small SUV but after shopping around we decided against it. We kept the old one for a backup and for hauling crap and moving kids around. We've put so much money into it in repairs that it still runs great but just isn't looking too hot anymore. It gets to stay with us and go into semi retirement for at least awhile. We opted for this

little baby because I've got another one ready to start learning to drive and it's a good starter type car to learn in. Now David didn't expect me to go this sporty. The one he'd picked out for me to test drive was a 4 door...not cute at all. All i need most of the time now is two doors. Brooke will be leaving in just over a month and then it will just be me and Chelsea. When we need luxury we've always got David's car. Big plus is that Chelsea thinks it's cool.... who knows, she could end up with it in a year if I decide I've got to have something bigger.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dottie said...

ok, so do you love it? and what is it anyway? i am in the market for a smaller car also......the gas prices are unforgiving in these SUVs....i am thinking Mini Cooper, Miata, or some sporty Chrysler which dh says are a piece of crap....just good styling and nothing else. i hate car shopping but i only have 6 months left on my lease and then i am buying and i better love it.
d

4:02 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Mau said...

it's adorable! and i can't believe your baby will be driving. sigh.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home