My Friends Made Me Do It

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July

I have to admit these kinds of holidays make me a little sad. I long for those days when we were always on vacation on the 4th. Lots of fond memories to look back on from those 4ths. One year we were in Washington DC enjoying the street fair by day and the fireworks at the Washington Monument by night. Another year we were sitting on a beach in Hawaii watching the fireworks out over the water. Most years though we were in Florida at the beach house we went to every summer for 10 yrs. Those are the memories I miss the most. Small children with sparklers and rinky dink fireworks we set off ourselves on the beach...hamburgers and hot dogs cooked on the grill and watermelon. David's parents would always be there with us and many years we'd have a great aunt and uncle come down for the day. Some years the girls' only cousin would come and bring with him the current girlfriend. This year it seems a little sadder than normal. Neither Britt or Val were home. Both just had the one day off (Val from work and Britt from school)Brooke was working then off to eat dinner and hang out with friends. Chelsea is celebrating at a friends' family cookout.

I did take advantage of the 4th sales today. I finally ran across just the right lounge chairs for out by the pool... the exact type I'd almost given up hope on ever finding. My girls will be so happy that the old cheapie ones will be retired. I guess it was good I didn't find them till they went on sale for 1/2 price. Also picked up some good buys on dorm "stuff" today. Little by little that is starting to come together. I sure don't look forward to the day we have to move it all in though. Also did a little birthday shopping for Brooke. Just a couple more things I need to pick up and that will be done. She is an easy one to shop for...expensive, but easy! LOL

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Mau said...

i'm with you. this year it was dan, me, his sister and her fam and my single BIL, jim.
aaron and kaleena did come, which was good, but i missed my girls so much!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home