My Friends Made Me Do It

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday .... The day of rest


and I'm taking that to heart today. Not going to do a thing I don't have to. I scrapped yesterday and I'm thinking I'll do the same for today. Tomorrow I have to get with the program but today's it's just going to be one of those lazy hazy days of summer.

Didn't really come up with anything new and fun to do last night. Brooke and I went out to eat at PF Chang's. Chelsea declined our invitation because she was too tired to get cleaned up! What what? All she had done during the day was lay out at the pool! ah, she is her mother's child. We can take relaxin to the ultimate level.

Britt called me earlier. Summer school started last week and accounting has been kicking her butt. I knew that already. 5 - 7 hours of homework in that class alone had stressed her terribly and she said she hadn't been eating. A review of her account pretty much verified that claim. That kid doesn't need to loose any weight. The call today was inquiring about what she should do. Stick with it or drop it and retake it in the fall when so much material is not covered in such a short amount of time. I made the decision for her while we were on the phone. I got online and dropped it. I was the one that suggested she take it. My mistake. On the first day of class the teacher had told them they were crazy for attempting it because she WAS going to teach the entire book. Also said she hoped they didn't have a job or weren't taking another class. Oops, Britt has no job but she is taking philosophy which is reading and writing intensive. Oh well, live and learn. The money lost is probably no greater than the treatment for the ulcer she would have ended up with I'm sure. She's just not one that can let herself slide on anything. Her college GPA is good. We need to keep it that way. Here's a layout share. One I did of Val's new car. Isn't it cute? The car, I mean.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Mau said...

yes, both the LO and the car are darling! so happy!
speaking of happy, i want to be reincarnated as one of your kids.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home