My Friends Made Me Do It

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mood: Bad, But Improving Slightly

Before I start my bitchfest here's the layout I finished yesterday

Don't you hate those days where some little something goes wrong and it just sets the mood for the entire day? Well, today is one of THOSE days. Ugh. I need additional copies of Brooke's transcript for sorority recruitment registration plus I'd just like to have one "in hand" when we go for registration just in case the school has not mailed them out to the universities yet. Well, Chelsea had to be a drill team practice at 9 AM so I dragged Brooke out of bed and hauled her ass up to the school with me to put in a request for one. The counselor's office was supposed to be open however it wasn't. I go to the main office and they tell me to go to the counselor....already done that..no one there. She gets on the phone and tries to find the lady who's supposed to be in there. No luck, so she gives me her e-mail addy and tells me she responds better to e-mail than phone calls. No problem, I can relate. I wasn't mad at this point or even in bad mood until I got to worrying about "what if" I couldn't get them in time. That's when I got ticked at Brooke for not taking the time to put in the request before school was out (though she said their office was closed the last week of school), then I got mad at myself for procrastinating and not getting her up there right after school was out, and then, finally I was just mad at the lady for not being in the office when it was supposed to be open. Get the picture? I was the one putting myself in this bad mood. After that we stopped at a Care Now since I had Brooke captive to get one of those overly thorough (cough cough) school physicals. Yep, something else she needed for college. Of course, there was a long wait but we got it done and she was certified healthy enough to walk across campus and carry heavy books . Yesterday we went to the clinic to get her meningitis immunization...long wait there too...see, the fun just never ends! Before she actually leaves for college in Aug I've got to get her in to the dentist, her ortho, and the OBGYN for her "real" checkup. I just hate all this routine kind of stuff...it's no fun...even thinking about it doesn't help my mood.

Tonight is going to be just so much fun I can barely contain myself. Fillies (drill team booster club) monthly meeting and then a committee meeting following. The thought of sitting in those meetings for two full hours or longer is just not helping this foul mood either.

I wish I had some happy pills. If I did I would take them "fo sure" Be glad you are not around me today. And oh, the lady did e-mail me right away and I can pick up the transcripts tomorrow so the problem is solved but the mood barometer has not gone up to "sunny". I think I'll go scrap and just hide away in my room so I don't snap at the girls for no reason.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Mau said...

ruh oh.
i'm hiding, too!
seriously, i know how you feel. it sucks when things don't go our way, doesn't it?

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home