My Friends Made Me Do It

Friday, June 09, 2006

Summatime


and the livin is easy! That easy life started officially with Brooke's HS graduation on Memorial Day. Another one down...miracle of miracles. For some reason I always just feel relieved on "this" day. Never any tears. It was a nice ceremony that didn't linger on too long. Only the immediate family was here and afterwards we went out for a yummy steak dinner. Opened gifts after that and just relaxed. Brooke attended Operation Graduation that night. The rest of us just chilled. Val and Britt didn't head back to San Marcos till the next day.

If I'm not careful "easy" translates into lazy. Yes, I'm lazy by nature. At least I do get dressed each day (better than my youngest dd) but that's probably just because I'd be too embarassed to go to Starbucks in my pjs. If I'm not careful summer will just slip by and I'll get nothing accomplished. There's so much I want/need/or have to get done. Brooke is leaving for college in less than two months and that requires so much shopping. We've started the process but haven't made much of a dent in our list of "needs". Chels wants her bedroom redone for her birthday...it's coming up soon...the 18th. I've done a little shopping there too, but haven't started the process of revamping. I had her start packing up to move out yesterday. Now I need to go buy paint. Trying to decide if I want to refinish her furniture or buy new. Think I will start with painting the nightstand and see if I like how it looks and go from there.

Notes to self for the day:
This house is NOT self cleaning
Drs appointments don't make themselves
Make the time to scrap

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Mau said...

i'm right there with you. made all of my appts. through july now. started much needed redecorating in the guest room. can't let summer get away too fast!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home