My Friends Made Me Do It

Saturday, September 30, 2006

For You Dottie

OK, I tried to get pictures of my wall mural for you. I really can't get far enough away to "capture" the entire thing. It's 22 ft high and runs the length of the room. I had to take two pics and stitch them together. Because of the upper part requiring a different angle it didn't stitch quite right.... my ceiling in my kitchen is NOT two different heights but my poor stitching software did it's best to merge the two pics. The second pic just shows the bottom half with the archway into the kitchen/dining nook. I had to even post this because it shows my blank wall in there. Yep, been here three years and have still not decided just what I want on that wall....hmmmm, this house is still a work in progress for sure. Also looking at these pics makes me realize that I seriously DO need to get something up there on top of my kitchen cabinet. Needless to say this mural has established the "feel" for this room and it's been pretty hard to work around. When people first walk into our house it's kind of a shocker....was one of the selling points on this house for me though...cause I'm kind of weird like that! The lady that owned this house before us was originally from Spain (so my neighbors tell me) and she's the one that had it painted. It photographs different than it looks IRL for some reason. The green "shutters" are just not that GREEN and bright. I should have waited till daylight to take the pics instead of using a flash but oh well, this gives you and idea. And the weird "thing" top right in the picture is just the air intake/filter thing on the ceiling of the upstairs hall...lovely!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dottie said...

ok, NOW i get it! oh my gosh, a whole wall hand painted....how fabulous! saw one getting painted the other day in a model home....really fun jungle and monkey theme. yours is beautiful. thanks for posting a special dottie post!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Love that mural. How cool.

I tagged you again. - http://katajone.blogspot.com/

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home