My Friends Made Me Do It

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's been one of THOSE days

you know the kind I'm talking about I'm sure. Nothing big and terrible going wrong....just the little annoyances. It was supposed to be a day when I was just going to scrap. Well, that didn't happen.

It started out simple enough. I decided I wanted to set up a collage frame I keep in the kitchen window sill with seasonal pictures. I started digging for old Halloween pictures and got frustrated with my lack of organizational skills in the old photo department. OMG, that took me forever. Now I'm on a mission to get all that mess organized. I may never scrap again. This project could take a good ten yrs!

I didn't get too far on that project though before we had a minor doggy emergency. Poop on the butt! eeeewwww .... now this is no fun when you have a long haired dog...especially one that freaks out when it happens. He acts as if he is paralyzed and shakes all over ...UNTIL you get close to him...then he runs quite well. Chasing him down sort of resembles one of those calf scrambles at the rodeo. Catching him is not the only problem though. When you get hold of him he goes into Cujo mode.... growling and acting as if he's going to tear you apart. You pray this is only an act to scare you away, but do your best to hold him away from you were he can't bite you. Of course, it's straight into the bathroom for Gizmo where I have to put his Elizabethan collar thingie on him before attempting to clean him up because he gets even worse in the bath tub. He's so strange.... the minute he's cleaned up and knows he's about to be let out of the tub he's all kisses for you and happy as can be again.

After that ordeal I was in need of a glass of iced tea. Filled up a glass with ice, reached over to set it on the center island while I got the pitcher out of the refrigerator and just plain downright missed ...it went crashing to the floor. It's amazing just how many tiny shards of glass you can end up with when a drinking glass meets a concrete floor.... I'm not sure what those tiles are made of actually. It's not ceramic tile and it's not marble but it sure is HARD and it sure can bust a glass up. You can imagine the fun I had cleaning THAT mess up. Damn...it felt like I had toddlers in the house again today!

I'm hoping things go just a wee bit better the rest of the day. I've taken this as a sign it would be best for me NOT to attend the booster club meeting tonight...you know the one I "forgot about". LOL Keep your fingers crossed that I don't burn myself taking dinner out of the oven ... guess that's not likely though. I didn't get bit by the dog and I didn't cut myself so it's just more likely that I'll drop the roast on the floor

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! cool! and you know I couldn't stay off right? :-)

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home