My Friends Made Me Do It

Saturday, August 19, 2006

My Third Child



The little fashionista. My child that is brave enough to latch on to new trends while they still are new was home from college this week. The break between rush and real school starting on Monday. I got really tickled at her because she has not perfected the college packing technique.... you know...bring home a month's worth of dirty clothes. That way you have plenty of stuff to wear while you are home. Anyway, she brought no dirty clothes and very few clean ones. Being pretty much limited to cheer shorts and old t shirts she stuck pretty close to home. She only had nice outfits with her to go out for a couple of days. Last night was one of those. It was surprising when she requested that it be a mom/Brooke day and evening. I wasn't going to complain at all. Yesterday we went to the mall. She was in need of just a few more "must haves " for fall. We easily found most of what she was wanting ...black capri leggings, wide black belt, white menswear style blouse, some hair products. Once those purchases were made we stopped in Sephora in search of the perfect red lipstick...straight to Dior of course. She found a nice color HOWEVER when she tried it on it still wasn't looking like the hot red lip for fall. At that point I said "put down that tube of lipstick" and whisked her off to Dillards to the Dior counter there. We were in luck... the area Dior rep was in store that day. Of course SHE knew exactly how to create the look Brooke was wanting. We were in luck and so was the girl at the counter there in Dillards who I'm sure gets a commission on her sales. We also got the next free gift with purchase before the event actually starts because we are VIP customers they said. oops...that means we've been spending FAR too much money at that counter. Anyway, I give you # 3 dd sporting her after 5 new vamp look for fall... the eyes would be smokier if she was dressed up more but we were only going to dinner and a movie. This little photo shoot occurred in my bathroom after I caught her attempting to take a new myspace arms length pic of herself and volunteered my services. I wish my other girls loved the camera like this one does. You might notice that she's changed hair color again and that her hair magically grew.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Mau said...

mwaaahaaaaa! laughing at the myspace pic thing. i've seen too many of those!
she looks adorable.
so college life makes your hair grow faster? who knew?

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home