My Friends Made Me Do It

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Summer As We Knew It

is now over. Brooke has quit her job so she can finish getting ready to leave on Sunday for college and Chelsea started back to drill team practice this morning. No more sleeping in for mom. That part sucks. Now when I do get all these kids situated it will be more "ME" time for sure but it's going to take a couple more weeks to make that happen and those two weeks will be CRAZY! I hate this part of it...shopping for not so fun purchases and packing. Oh, and then all that driving! Yuck! Right now I'm really wishing that Brooke hadn't chosen a college in the opposite direction from her sisters! On the 12th looks like I'll have to make a whirlwind trip 4 1/2 hrs north to Stillwater and then on the 13th it will be a whirlwind trip 4 hrs south to San Marcos! Nothing more that I love than 9 or 10 hours on the road two days in a row! At least on that Saturday David will be driving. However that might be worse than going it alone...sitting and doing nothing makes the time pass slower when he's making me listen to some sort of talk radio all the way or one of his books on CD! I wish I could read or even sleep in the car but I just can't. Why does everyone in the family have an iPod but me? Not fair! OK, enough complaining for one day...back to the grindstone...pack pack pack!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Jackson said...

Go buy yourself an ipod NOW! You know you NEED it. :)

Hang in there girlfriend.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

The nice thing about being the last one in your family to get an Ipod, Gayla, is that you can get the newest, coolest version!
Go forth and SHOP!
Good luck with getting #3 settled in.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Mau said...

dude. i gave kaleena my mini or i'd send it to you!
pam's right. get the latest and greatest. you deserve it! and truly, it does make time pass so much faster!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home