My Friends Made Me Do It

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My New Best Friend

lol....is the A/C repairman who was able to fix my A/C in less than 5 minutes. woo hoo....now my bedroom will cool off!

Also got more dorm room information. I'd left a call in with the new hall director on Friday about early check in. Meanwhile I'd been given a different number to call about it and had done that yesterday. The hall director called me back today so I was able to ask her some questions about the actual room and she knew the answers since she had taken a look at that particular one yesterday. ummm, guess the three girls of 443 are "curious". LOL Or maybe it's just their moms. She was able to give me the actual dimensions of the closet and I was loving it when she added "I've lived in a lot of dorms...this is my third school... and these are the biggest dorm rooms I've ever seen. So...my memories of this dorm are accurate even after they chopped the rooms up into suites.

Yesterday was a Brooke and mommy day. Seems we are having lots of those. It's always that way as we prepare to send another kid off to college for the first time. It started out with her eye doctor appointment (she's trying contacts again. This time I think she is actually just blind enough that she will wear them instead of just using her glasses in class as needed to see the board. The were on her head more than on her face in the past...just another fashion accessory. She has just now crossed that line to where the world is not as clear as you'd like it to be and that's motivation to actually put the contacts in. After the appointment it was off to lunch and a little more back to school shopping before she had to go to work.

In just a few more days Brooke will have to take the back seat because it will be Britt monopolizing mommy and me time. She will be home Friday to celebrate her birthday. She is also "needy".... no clothes, gotta have some "stuff" for her room in the Zeta house, etc. I've only been able to buy one gift for her. I don't dare buy her clothes so will have to take her shopping and let her pick them out.... plus she is wanting cash for a Vegas trip with the girls over Christmas break when her best friend turns 21. Oh well, at least "shopping" for her is easy this year. I'm thinking Christmas will be too...she will want money (again) and clothes for that upcoming trip.

At some point I have to turn the focus on Chelsea! That will happen quite naturally I'm sure. School deadlines will ensure the important things get done. Her summer is pretty much over Aug 1 since drill team starts back up practices then....8 AM< practices 6 days a week...ugh... I guess that will help me get back into morning mode since two weeks later school will start and she has to be at practice 5 days a week at 7 AM. Do I ever wish she was an older one in her grade instead of a young one. I will have to drive her the entire year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Mau said...

so when is it mommy gayla and lynne day?

1:57 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Don't you let me miss out on that one! I've missed you guys.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home