My Friends Made Me Do It

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Cable Guy

We are getting Verizon FIOS for internet and TV today finally. It's taken forever to actually get to this point. The last time they were supposed to install everything inside they ran into problems out at the box and couldn't do it. Cleared that entire day for nothing. Really irked me. I hate to be locked in here at the house. Today I got up early for no reason. You know how that is .... if I hadn't been prepared for him to arrive at 8 AM he would have been here then. I hate when they give you those "windows" You know,where they are supposed to show up sometime between 8 AM and noon. I guess I lucked out today since he got here around 9:30 instead of 11:55. I'm hoping it won't take him 4 to 6 hrs to get everything hooked up like they say it could. Really looking forward to getting rid of Comcast though.... it sucks.

Yesterday I tried the Chelsea and me day. Those never go so well. Shopping is not her forte. We both get frustrated during the process. It started out good but then I had to push my luck and head to a different mall after lunch. We found very little she liked or that would fit on that second phase of expedition. I should learn she's only good for a couple of hours and not push it past that or she will end up in tears over something I've said or more likely something she thinks I'm implying. Geez, I just suggested she TRY the next size up in a pair of jeans after she tossed all of them out of the dressing room saying they didn't fit right. Oh well, we're good to go for school I guess. We found ONE pair of new jeans that she liked for this year. All her others are literally wearing out but she doesn't want new ones. Go figure. Certainly my only child that doesn't want new clothes.

Tomorrow Britt will be home and we'll be in two days of shopping bliss for her birthday. Certainly not a hard one to shop with! Brooke is also fun to shop with. Part of that is she doesn't care what the size tag says...never minds going up to the next size to make something look better. Val, on the other hand can have good days and bad days. Sometimes she gets frustrated like Chels did over things not fitting right. She's not as bad as she was back in high school though.

OK, guess I'm going to try and scrap. The things I really need to be doing I can't do with this Verizon guy running in and out of the house.

Oh and Tammy...I've got the wet noodle out. You said you would blog yesterday but I'm not seeing it! Bad bad girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home