My Friends Made Me Do It

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So Tired

I'm back from moving another kid to college. The process wears me out both physically and emotionally. My plans for the day are to be a total waste of space. I need a day like this to just recover and recoup. Tomorrow I'll think about what else has to be done before the weekend but today I'm not even going to think.

I got Brooke moved in and she started rush yesterday. The move in went smoothly. I had to make a quick escape and not see her in between the parents meeting (for rush) yesterday and the actual beginning of rush following that BECAUSE she started crying when I was headed off to my meeting. Didn't want that to start up again right before her meetings/events started! My first kid to ever cry when I left them at college. I talked to her last night after the events and she was all excited/happy again. The rush process is a bit stressful for those that really understand the process like she does. So far, so good though....everyone was really nice she said and she's meeting/liking new girls from her rush group. Her two roomies and the girls down the hall from them are in this first rush group together. She likes them all. But then, it's not surprising. She and Kim like most people

What she wasn't prepared for was the frat boys being around "watching" the activities from a distance. I laughed at her. Of course they are around watching. They have to check out the new girls coming in! LOL

Oh and would you believe I didn't take a single picture over the weekend. I carried my camera everywhere but just to add weight to my purse I guess.

Britt officially turned 21 yesterday. Another one down and legal...where does the time go. She was, of course, in San Marcos celebrating with the boyfriend and her girls. Party at her bf's frat house on Sunday night ...must be celebrating at the stroke of midnight when one actually turns 21. When I talked to her on Monday afternoon she was recovering to go out with the girls for a birthday dinner.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Jackson said...

Aw! That's sweet that Brooke was sad about you leaving. You know she's going to do great. I also know how it pulls at your heart each time you go through this. Soon you'll have lots of "ME" time. I envy you. :) Hang in there!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

NO PICTURES???????? I can't believe you, of all people, didn't take any pictures!
Glad you got Brooke settled in and she was okay when you left. I cried all the way home from leaving Joey and now I'm wanting everyone to get out of my house! LOL!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home